- (Macintosh or compatible format)
Illustrator CS5, Photoshop CS5, InDesign CS5, Acrobat PDF with fonts outlined or supplied and CMYK.
- CD, DVD, FTP, e-mail, USB Flash, YouSendIt etc.
- Large Format (over 3sqm) . Set up at 1:10 scale and scan CMYK at 300 DPI.
- Posters and Small / Medium Format (under 3sqm). Set up at 1:1 scale and scan CMYK at 100 DPI.
- Allow 50 – 100mm bleed beyond final size when possible.
- Set up the document with the correct proportions.
- Sizes stated on orders and in artwork should be width x height. Eg. 1000 x 2000 is a portrait. 2000 x 1000 is landscape.
- For banners including pockets, please keep any text, logos or important artwork away from the pocket edges. As a guide, in order to avoid joins through text and logos please keep them (“pocket-size” + 50mm) away from the edge.
- Please ensure that supplied artwork is named in a manner to correspond with your order so we can easily identify which artwork is for which section of your order.
- Please disable overprint unless required for a special purpose. Please be aware that when features such as overprint are used the effects may not be visible on your PDF proof. Special features that force different things to happen once a job is ripped are the responsibility of the supplier of the artwork. We will not be held responsible for print errors which occur as a result of incorrect overprint or trapping settings.
- Please remove all profiles from TIF files.
- Please save all TIF files as Mac format.
- Please avoid linking to layered TIF or PSD files
- Crop all image data in placed link files so that they are no physically larger than necessary.
- Please do not use transparency or effects interacting with objects using PMS colours.
- Outline all fonts. Ensure PDF is CMYK.
- Create your PDF using Acrobat Distiller. This is preferable to using any “export” or “save as” features in your design software.
- Please contact us for our specific Distiller Settings.
- Limit file sizes to:
- 100MB for CD / DVD / FTP
- 5MB for E-mail (ensure artwork supplied via email is set up at 1:10 scale, NOT 1:1).
The time involved in setup and printer rip of files over this limit may incur additional charges. Any artwork containing Illustrator Live Trace content must be supplied in EPS format, and under the file size limit.
- All screen and printer fonts must be supplied or outlined.
- If supplying fonts via FTP or email please zip them to avoid corruption.
- Avoid the use of True Type Fonts where possible
- Please supply files as CMYK (not RGB).
- Please set all solid black to C 50%, M 50%, Y 50%, K 100%.
- If a specific colour is required, a Pantone colour or colour sample must be supplied. Pantone colours will be matched to our printers closest CMYK equivalent.
- Exact colour matches may not always be possible.
- Please supply colour proof for reference.
- Please supply all linked and embedded files.
- Images that are embedded in a file may not be colour corrected.
- Supply layered working PSD files when possible.
- Please contact us for artwork upload details.
Files over 2GB in size?
Use our file transfer site to transfer your files.